Author Topic: Freedom Of "Speech" gone too far?  (Read 2214 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom Of "Speech" gone too far?
« on: Dec 20, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
Well said. Not always easy to do though.

Erik

Doing the right thing is, more often than not, hard. Maybe that's not the right word...maybe I should say doing the right thing is often not the most expedient option.

I support this, however not entirely because Jesus doesn't need a gun. Likewise, the fact its near a school bus stop only troubles me because of the gun.

I am not too offended by this because from a Christian standpoint, Christmas is a joke, it's about as Christian as the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_X4ozO5_Hs

BigMike

I didn't watch the video , yet...I wanted to say this first. This is the first time, since my preteen years that I am "celebrating" Christmas. I just don't believe this is when Christ was born and I believe that this date was co-opted by the Church to assuage new converts. However, listening to Dennis Prager, I was/have become convinced there is nothing wrong with having a holiday when the sole purpose is to exchange gifts with those you love. I have, in opposition to my personal beliefs, always hoped that those who believe in this as Christ's day of birth find in it what they hope for.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)