Author Topic: I have a job interview, what can I expect?  (Read 7896 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: I have a job interview, what can I expect?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 25, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys, I was pretty stoked to hear I was getting a raise  :gap:

Wow im suprised i didnt see this sooner.  ive been working at americas tire for about 2 yaers now and they have treated me great.  its pretty lay back but we can still get our :pokinit: done when it needs to be.  Im making $11.00 an hour and 30+ hours a week now while still going to school and my boss is always pushing me to go full time so i can really make some money.  i really wana become a welder but if that falls through its nice to know that this company will take care of me.  thats one good thing about this company is it does take care of its employees.  i dont kno if you know this but, the V.P.s of the regions make around $250K a year salary and the company buys them a car when they get permoted with a $65,000 limit! stuff like that all the way down to giving part timers a christmas bonus.im very tempted to stay with them with those possabilities but well see how it workes out.  which store do you work at if you dont mind me asking?

Right on, good to know there's another tire monkey on the board  :thumbs:  I'm up in redding.  You're down around napa?  Only reason I know they make around $250,000 was from when the boss was telling me about the Halle fund and told me one of his manager friends in the bay area had a garage fire and told me despite how much he made, he still got help from the company without asking when his garage caught fire.

I'd definately like to move higher up in the company when I earn it, but there are plenty of guys ahead of me who'd like to advance as well.  From what I've heard, my only real chance to get into management would be if I traveled to another store.  I've looked around hoping they had one in southern oregon, but the next closest is eugene, which could work out if I absoluty had to go there since my brother lives in springfield.  Even if I didn't live on his couch, it'd still be nice to have family in the area!

Just out of curiosity, what can I expect for a christmas bonus?  My last employer gave us a set amount each year, going up $25 a year till you maxed out at $300, which I did a few years back.  Do they happen to give out bonuses or anything other times of the year?  I wanna ask these questions at work, but don't wanna seem too nosy either.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!