Author Topic: I have a job interview, what can I expect?  (Read 7892 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: I have a job interview, what can I expect?
« on: Sep 24, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »
Quick update, I got a $1 raise without asking.  Boss said he needed to talk to me before I left yesterday and I had a bad feeling, but he asked how I was doing and I said good, asked how I like the job and I said I really liked it, then he said he put me in for a raise and it was approved, and starting monday I'll be making $1 more an hour.  Absolutely floored me!  I was going to wait till I hit 3 months and ponder asking, especially since I don't think the guy who was hired a month or so before me had got a raise yet.  It's not going to make me rich, but when I'm scraping so hard to get by, every little bit helps!

He also said I've been picking things up very quickly, which isn't what I thought but I aint gonna argue  :gap:  I do mess up every now and then, but I guess in the grand scheme of things I'm doing well, and I'm busting my ass trying to learn and be as productive as possible, mainly trying to keep it to where I don't need to pull anybody else away form what they're doing to get things done.  But, there are times you need help, period.  Some tires just won't seat without being blasted with air, which means you have to have somebody else help, and sometimes I have trouble balancing difficult assemblies.  I had some like that the other day (bfg truck tires are typically a pita, especially the a/t) and the lead guy took over for me, then I heard him yelling at the tire and throwing weights around  :haha:  Always makes me feel better when I'm struggling, somebody tries to help me and struggles too.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!