Author Topic: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)  (Read 4599 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)
« on: Jun 08, 2009, 11:28:50 PM »
What did the notice say?  When was the foreclosure of the house?  I was just trying to look up some stuff on tenants rights in a foreclosure situation.  From what I garnered from the information, the notice of foreclosure (not auction) is your notice.  If it happened after may 20, 2009, you are entitled to 90 days according to new law that Obama passed.  If it happened prior, you get 30-60 days, depending on the notice your landlord gave you, but there's a lot of loopholes in the system, as far as I read.  

I'd start collecting paperwork, and documenting EVERYTHING (pics of the stuff that disappeared, the notice in the window, that cop's name, the report he gave you, etc.)  to prepare for court.  It really sucks that you got your stuff jacked.  Hopefully you'll get it back :crossed:

Remember though, getting pissed at the people you interact with isn't going to get you anywhere, and it won't help your case.  Chances are, they don't know the details or the issues, they're just doing their job.  They should certainly treat you with respect as well, but if they don't, and you do, it will help you in court.  :yesnod:

I would seriously consider going back and turning the appliances back off (if they haven't been already).  In the off chance that they start a fire, you could be held responsible for vandalism and arson.  I know you guys are pissed, I would be too, but you've got to handle it the right way.  :thumbs:    

Good luck guys, hope it all works out for you, and you can somehow get your stuff back. :thumbs: Its a shitty situation, but you'll pull through!  :gap:  You need anything, you know you can give me a call.  :yesnod:
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 11:41:49 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent