Author Topic: 1988 Build! SAS'd, Bobbed w/ Pics and MORE TO COME!  (Read 12498 times)

kwitcherbeliakin

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
    • Significance and Serenity: What is your life about?
Re: 1988 Build! SAS'd, Bobbed w/ Pics and MORE TO COME!
« on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »
smokin truck i am very jealous about the extra cab. i got a first gen and it is tight! so did you got with a 3" spring when you did the sas or go bigger?

I put in 4" springs packs in the rear... at least thats what the guy I bought it from said! and a front spring pack frpm an 83 toyota... that thing is SOLID. It wasnt a lifted spring so far as I know but it sure took my front end and didnt sink near as far as I thought! I don't know if its lifted or not but I think just the way the SAS worked out its higher than the rear lifted even if it was. Lol. The front has the 4 1/2 Marlin Shackles as well with spacers to tighten in on the springs. Right now the front sits a about an inch higher than the rear. :(

Gotta fix that but I broke my highlift jack the other day... sheered one of the damn bolts that holds it in place right off!

I'm replacing my revolver shackles in the rear to make up the difference from front to rear. I like the flex of the revolver shackles... but don't hit a bumpy rolling road going fast in them... whew! Acts like a spring in the rear and sends me bouncing end to end! :) Guess I could put my rear shocks back on though!

The Ext cab is great. :) I've thought of turning it into a 4runner by removing the back and adding a topper either hard or soft. I've seen some nice ones done and its been growing on me... but I like the possibility of taking it flatbed or exo'd one day with no bed... so who knows! Until then I will be content with all that space!!!

The color -

what paint did u use?
looks like antique white?

was something like a 'pebble'... and I can't believe I forgot its exact name... I better remember before I need more for touchup or something! It is a SATIN type... not Metallic, Primer, or Flat. Whatever it is I like the way it turned out! :) Because money was short and I didnt want to ORDER the paint I used the best I could find. A metal Krylon paint. It was the only paint in any Tan color I could find where they had enough for me. I used a Rustoleum white primer underneath and speckled the red to dull it and help the tan grab better. Wish I could have done the whole thing with Restoleum but I couldnt find enough paint around here in the right color. :(

88 Yota... SAS'd, Bobbed and more...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54104.0