Author Topic: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.  (Read 849230 times)

speedemon

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Nov '05
  • When's winter?
    • View Profile
Re: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.
« Reply #1680 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »
crap this one is scary
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/970037232.html
Howdy all. This has been my project truck for about 10 years now. If you have ever wanted to build a monster truck but didn't know where to start here is one that is almost ready to go. Here are some specs:

Truck: 1986 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer edition 4x4 Cloth seats

Motor: 1978 460, fresh rebuild (less than 400 miles on it) * Bored .030 over with 1:9.5 compresion * RV Camshaft for stump-pulling torque * Crank ground .010/.010 with all fresh bearings * new lifters and rods * heads shaved and rebuilt * Ford Racing Aluminum valve covers * Edelbrock duel plane intake * Holly Carb * MSD Offroad electronic ignition

Transmission, C6 Fresh rebuild (less than 400 miles) * New clutch packs * valve body rebuilt with mild shift kit * RV torque converter for low lockup

Transfercase, NP205 Fresh rebuild * all new bearings and seals * 1410 U-Joint on rear (never got one for the front but it is a bolt on)

Axles 2.5 ton Military Rockwells * Hubs flipped front and rear * Bearings repacked * 1410 Ujoints front and rear * pinion shaft mounted disk brake in rear * comes with one Detroit locker (not installed)

Suspention: * 19" of lift over stock total * 12" coil springs on 7" WELDED blocks * Triangulated four link in front * rear is welded blocks with stock leafs. * I reposistion the rear leafs underneth the frame for more flex and did a shackle flip. The rear needs a anti wrap bar fabricated Tires/Wheels * Wheels are military 2.5 ton 20" steel * Tires are 48" Michilin brand new retreded XLM's

Other Misc * I gutted the dash, it now has a custom aluminum panel dash with speedo, tach, oil/water/volt meter. It has a CD player and CB Radio installed in the dash. I replaced the factory speakers with aftermarket speakers (but no sub). The fuese box is on the outside of the dash, no more fumbling around upside down looking for bad fuses. * The motor has a onboard air compressor and a onboard welder (needs to be wired up) * 8,000 pound warn winch * Optima off-road battery

Here is what the truck needs to be finished:

Front drive shaft; Has the rear one, just needs the front

Some work to the wiring; the battery wires have oxidixed and probably need replacing, sometimes it will start sometimes it won't, it is a wire problem

Rear anti wrap bar OR rear lift springs; whatever you want to do, but it will suffer from axle wrap bigtime as is

reweld front four link brackets; Very simple operation, I just welded the brackets on to close together

Welding shock mounts and installing shocks

Overall this is a 95% done truck. I have invested (sunk) over 20K into it. It was very theriputic at the time, but I haven't serioulsy wrenched on it in about 4 years. Take her away for $5,500 and finish it off and enjoy it. This truck is located in Greenville, last time I was there it started up and I drove it around the storage place I keep it at. The truck runs and drives but isn't road legal and isn't ready for the trail/mud. If you are intrested please have 1) a tow rig and 2) access to a welder; you will need both. I am asking $5,500; I will entertain trades but I am not interested in boats or another project vehical.

I live in Raleigh, the truck is in Greenville, E-mail me with any questions

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2008, 11:11:02 AM by speedemon »
2002 Tacoma sold
'84 pickup SOLD!!
'83 pickup will rise again
'86 sas runner DD
'89 runner project (for sale)
F-Toy build in progress