Author Topic: Clutch Problem  (Read 4109 times)

83MT

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Problem
« on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »
Well, the fact that you sunk it means there could be bigger problems, but I'm having a similar problem, and I'll find out in the next couple days what it is. Mine only started acting up in cold weather, and I have a new clutch and slave cylinder. Mine will not go into gear often when cold if the truck is running. Sometimes wants to stall when it's in gear, or won't start if it's in gear.

The last couple days the clutch only disengages when the pedal is all the way up off the floor, which isn't normal. Today I found that I can start it in gear, take my foot off the clutch and it idles fine and goes nowhere. If I push the clutch hard to the floor, it will engage a bit and start to creep forward. Weird, eh? I can now shift into gears with it running if I just lightly depress the clutch pedal, less than half way to the floor, and I will get some engagement with the pedal all the way to the floor. So it's reversed itself. If I hit the gas it just revs, I don't go anywhere, and I can idle fine with the clutch out and the tranny in first, but I push the clutch pedal hard to the floor and suddenly it starts crawling forward a bit.

I flushed the fluid last week thinking there was some moisture freezing in the line, but it's doing it again. The clutch and hydraulic system has all worked fine for around 5,000 miles and 3 months time, but the cold weather did something. Anyways, fresh fluid, new slave cylinder, new clutch, and the line looks good to me.....well I bought a master cylinder today. I may get it in tonight, if not then tomorrow, I'll let you know if that did it for me, because aside from the water submersion, we've got similar issues going on.
Zach
I like Yotatech