Author Topic: Talk about a run around  (Read 1941 times)

FLRunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about a run around
« on: Sep 16, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
O trust me I think i would rather have my toe nails pulled off before i let someone work on my cars and  for the most part can work on toyotas pretty well  I have owned over 20 toy trucks . this truck just had me baffeld  . see what happend is they had a stereo system and alarm system and did  a  :yikes:job of wireing it and it had melted some of the wires So the previous owner cut out the wires and rewired . only problem is they are not color cordenated . so i really had nothing to go by . Well i went to junk yard and got all the right wires and found the problem to be in the fuse panel . so now its Fixed  . The part that gets me is I took it to a shop and they checked it and tell me its fine just take the dash light out ? ya ok what if my daughter took her car there and they told her that ? Thank god she is not that old  and better yet she works on my trucks with me so this sort of crap should never happen to her  bat thats another story . Then i take it to TOYOTA and they tell me its the Alt   and i need a Toyota one for 365 dollars . WTH do you think was on it a FORD ? No it was Toyota alt  and i had it checked  3 times  and every time it was perfect .  and the last thing that gets me is the guy i bought it from told me he had did the wireing  so i called him and he didnt want to talk about it ? i was not mad and i still am not mad I bought it and Thats cool just was curious if there was something that he did and i could not see . SO now that its fixed I get the real story from my EX  i guess the guy was a drug dealer and got cought and went to prison and just got out and needs money to pay fines   and he got the truck from some Crack head that owed him money  :smack: . I guess all in all i still made out on the deal  cus its a nice truck  its lifted and has rims and tires  and all kinds of nice parts  .  The plan now is to drive this for a bit while i rebuild the motor in my 4Runner  and then just use my runner as a nice DD and use this as a wheeler . So i will now Start a build thread    Thank you again for the help  .