Author Topic: Property purchasing advice?  (Read 9777 times)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: Property purchasing advice?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 08, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »
:smack:  now i remember you telling me that,  and that you got a bonus if your "team"  met a certain quota

so when ya moving in??

There is no date set yet. The builder has been so preoccupied tryig to finish the house asap, that he has stalled me on my paperwork. I should have it all underway this week and will hopefully be able to close the purchase in a couple weeks, mabye sooner.

:dunno:  Just throwing something out there, as I was a military brat, and moved several times during the school year, and also during the summer.  It is always hard to change schools, and it sucks changing schools in the middle of the school year, but school is also a great way to make friends.  It sucks when you move into a neighborhood in the middle of summer, and you don't really have friends to play with, because all the neighborhood kids are at camp, or hanging out at their buddies' in a different neighborhood, or whatever.  Its a lot easier for kids to warm up to each other in a non threatening environment like school, than it is for neighborhood mom bring neighborhood kid over and say, "look Johnny, here's a new friend for you to play with, and neighborhood kid and new kid have a stare down. 

just my experience :dunno:  But I don't know how big your town is or anything either, all of my experience moving was from state to state, not within the same city, so :dunno:

Thats a good point but there are only like 6 homes within a reasonable distance that we would even allow the kids to travel to, and only one has kids. We usually keep the kids summers booked up with swimming, and sport, or family type activities, and we will definately have to keep with it if we move as there just arent neighbor hood kids in the new area, or atleast not yet. We are getting into a new "subdivision" in its early stages so I'm hoping more kids will move in but we won't know till it happens.

There are 20,000 in my town of paragould and the town I am moving to is more a suburb of my town more than anything else. It has a population of mabye just a few thousand and it does have its own govt. One day paragould will annex Oak Grove just as it has done other neighboring communities in the past. Ther are 2 independent school systems in our county, all the rest have been absorbed by one of these two. Most of the student bodies are made up of kids who actually live outside of the city limits. With the extracurricular activities my son and daughter have been involved in they are going to be suprised how many of their past team mates are actually future classmates. I have lived in this little town since 1991 or 92 and my wife is a native to the area, so if we see someone we don't know its kinda rare, besides i'm not the type who has ever met a stranger.  :disturbed:
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008, 06:49:12 AM by Gittinit »
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole