Author Topic: No to hate  (Read 4123 times)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: No to hate
« on: Jul 16, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
:eye:  I just happened to see a guest viewing this thread in the user activity, so i checked it out.  And I don't quite think this thread turned out the way BigMike had intended?  So let's give it another shot!

With as crazy as this world is today, it's nice to hear stories about GOOD things.  I don't think it has to be trail-related really.  Here are a few little things I can think of off hand:

1.  One time I was in a convenience store that was right beside a low-income housing development.  This barefoot little girl was ahead of me trying to buy herself some ice cream with a little fistful of change that wasn't even half of what she needed.  She looked so sad!!  So I told her to keep her change, and I bought her ice cream for her!  Although...she didn't quite seem to know what to do, so she grabbed her ice cream and took off running.  LOL

2.  One time I was standing in line at my hometown Uni-Mart and this polite little college girl was in front of me trying to pay for gas for her trip home for spring break, and the cashier wouldn't take the fancy card that her parents gave her for spending money.  So I paid for her gas, and she was ECSTATIC and insisted I give her my mailing address.  A couple of weeks later, I got the NICEST thank you card from that girl, along with a check from her parents for WELL over the cost of her gas!  :greengrin:

3.  OK since those two were money-related and I didn't intend for that.....this past July 4th, Brian and I were in Sheetz and there was an Army lady in her camo fatigues waiting in line, so we shook her hand and thanked her. 
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod: