Author Topic: TURBO Tim's Turbo Transformation  (Read 32861 times)

TURBO

• Turbo Extremist
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 65475
  • Male Posts: 706
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Capt. Insaino shows no mercy
    • View Profile
Re: TURBO Tim's Turbo Transformation
« on: Nov 06, 2004, 02:55:52 AM »
The first time I wheeled that truck on an official trail was 8-3-00.  It was me and my best bud Matt Barklow.  He had a stock 88 Toyota with 33”s that he got because I always talked so highly of what Toyotas could do.
then my friend Jason Gillis got a bronco II :stopit: and I teased him heavily. :haha: :haha: Then Matt Jason and I went to a local run called Moonlight Madness that me and my brother went the year before. Jason tried to climb the creek crossing  but kept lifting a tire about two feet in the air and slipping back down. :nerv:  so he gave the signal to be winched up. about as soon as they started winching he turned the wheels the wrong way and he pulled the tire off the rim. :mad: a guy in a real bronco came up next to him to give him air but his front tires got light and his front end slid over into the rear of Jason’s  truck. :maddest:  Jason’s truck came out unharmed because the bronco’s fender collided with his tire carrier. after that Jason was so shell shocked that he didn't go on a single thing the rest of the time. few months later, Jason goes and sells his bronco II and gets a Toyota. :beer: a red 84. next year at moonlight madness we all go out  a day early to play around. :nonono:  but Jason was determined to show me up in his ex mud bogger turned rock crawler. :laugh: :laugh: So he’s going up Hollywood hill and hits that rock right in the middle.... :shocking: :shocking:both front tires come off the ground, the whole truck pirouettes on the rear wheel, :ack: landing on it’s two passenger side tires, balanced for like three seconds, :help: then tumbled the rest of the way down the hill. :bricks: 
It was nasty :ack:
He rolled seven times and wound up resting on it’s driver side buy a big boulder at the bottom. I got down there and  I asked threw the shattered sun roof if he was alright and he muttered “I’m dead.” I was like, :shocking: “NO JASON DON’T” :shocking: then he says my “mom’s gonna kill me” and I was like oh, :shudder: that’s better.  I remember running up that hill as quick as I could. I got on the CB and broke for base camp........ no answer......then I explained the situation  and waited again... still no answer :maddest:..... I got my truck into a better position and tried again..... finally someone answered. I told them where we were, and they said they were on there way.  He turned out to be ok just a little cut on the back of his head.  but  the truck was obviously totaled.

about a month later I took my truck to Pismo by my self :smack: .... I know, what a loser, well just wait.  I was driving down sand highway, SAND HIGHWAY!!!! :shake: when I looked over and saw this bowl full of trucks and jeeps, and campers..... the last thing I remember was watching  some hot babe jumping up and down on a trampoline in a bikini :wave: ..... WHAT A DISTRACTION!!!!!! the next thing i remember was falling off a dune. :nerv: I fell off at an angle so the rear end slid down and put me directly side hill.  so  I’m sliding down sideways when I hit the bottom and it lays on it’s side..... I was so pissed and embarrassed. Now that's a loser, how do you roll a truck in pismo are you stupid????? :punish:

about a week after I rolled it (NOTE: second time truck has been rolled) the engine that I tried so hard not to mess up blows piston rings out the tail pipe. :smack: guess where I got my next motor from? well I gave Jason a call and he said he still had the motor and would give it to me for $200.  So I put that motor in and could NOT get it to pass ****’n California smog. :puke:  Then I went to DMV and got some operating permits so I could drive it on a few trails then I put it under anesthesia for some MAJOR surgery... not just open heart surgery  more like Robocop surgery, or master chief's surgery.  When this truck is done it will sparkle.
MY BUILDS: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=76463.0 :woohoo:

More than tread lightly, leave it like you were never there, nor anyone else.
I AM :screwy:!!!

"These dusty roads ain't streets of gold
But I'm a happy right where I'm at"

Marlin is like the Chuck Norris of the rock crawling world.