Author Topic: I need new laptop selection help  (Read 2557 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: I need new laptop selection help
« on: Jun 13, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »
I am a computer dealer and repair technician and DELL still has the best bang for the buck.  Their prices are hard to beat.  Stick with an Intel processor as opposed to AMD due to heat issues that will kill an AMD.   IF you get Windows Vista make sure you get at least 2GB of RAM and if you can get one with its own Video Card so you dont have to share the system RAM for video. 

If cost is less important then Sony Vaio's are pretty good. 

Also, here is a website called dealnews that allows users to post good laptop deals when they see them. 

http://dealnews.com/categories/Computer/PC-Computers/PC-Laptop/49.html?exp=N

I am hoping to stay below $1250ish. All I want is XP, fast, lots of storage space, and decent 3D graphics in a 7 pound or less laptop. But I really want a fast laptop. My last one was fast only because I saved absolutely nothing on it. If I started to save stuff on it, it would slow way down, overheat, and crash. I am not looking for a super awesome media center laptop, but I do want to play DVDs on it every once in a while. I am not a huge gamer, but I do play HALO on laptops. Please :help:

Get a Mac. The Macbooks are a cheap, quality laptop. I usually get 7-8 years out of my macs before they get too outdated to run current software that I want/need. Then I pass them down to my sister's kids.

I am renting a macbook for school next year, so I will see how I like it

Thanks for the replies guys, lets keep them coming.