Author Topic: Gottal love craigslist!  (Read 3107 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Gottal love craigslist!
« on: May 13, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
I like CL, just gotta be careful.  I've got a couple of rules for myself, buying and selling, and so far they've worked pretty well.

Selling
1) don't post anything you NEED to sell there.  you'll never get the $$ you want, or it won't sell.

2) don't go out of your way for anyone.  If they want it, they'll come get it.  Make them come to you, or to where you will be. 

3) pick your lowest price, and stick with it.  don't throw in extras, don't try to sweeten the deal, whatever. 

4) WRITE A GOOD AD!!!  This one is the worst.  give a good description, pictures, location, and price.  make sure you give contact info, or you check the email address that the anonymous one goes to often.  And don't be one of those morons that puts a bunch of keywords in your add.  Pisses me off when I'm looking for a toyota ______ and listings for honda, ktm, kawasaki, ford, chevy, dodge, engine, 350, 289, etc. pops up.

Obviously 2 and 3 both relate directly to #1. 

Buying
1) be prepared to drive a bit, if you want it, go get it, but feel free to ask to meet up.

2) Never ask full price, learn how to haggle

3) be prepared for whatever you are looking at to be a turd, he "forgot" to tell you that pic was 20 years old.

4) check often, you never know what you'll find!

5) be prepared to hear some weird stories during your transaction  :conf:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent