Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13861 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
i feel that it dumbs down kids for the simple fact that they are FORCED to take classes that are pointless and have no way shape or form on life in general. why are there not more career orientated classes these days? and why are the few classes that are career classes getting shut down? its not okay. the school system is set up and run like a prison also. you have to be in class at a certain time, you have to ask to use the rest room, you have a certain amount of time to shuffle between classes, if your tardy your in trouble, its enclosed in a giant ass fence that you cant leave during hours or you get a cut, suspended and a :pokinit: ton of detention, i could go on and on. there is a consequence for everything.

Being forced to take classes that you see as pointless and having to follow rules (e.g. schedules, etc..) you are learning skill that are required to be a responsible person in the real world.  I have an engineering degree and I use very little of my specific information that I studied on a day to day basis, but what I learned was how to solve problems.  General classes don't always seem productive, but looking back they do make a more well rounded person.

Being on time for work is expected for most jobs so the rules at school are beginning for forming responsible habits.

I think the reason public schools have such tight rules is because so many of today's youth are seemingly in school to practice being in prison. 

"THERE IS A CONSEQUENCE FOR EVERYTHING."  It sounds like you learned at least one thing that can be applied to the real world.  :yesnod:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved