Author Topic: I thought it was required when you join...  (Read 6508 times)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: I thought it was required when you join...
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:01:54 AM »
:therethere:  I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  I can see the dilemma, you don't want to delete a thread when someone is still selling something, but it sure is a PITA when some new guy asks if something is for sale, and pulls the thread back from when it died in oh, say 2004.  :hahaha: 

Do you know if there is a way that the section can be set so the threads are automatically deleted if they are inactive for say, 90 days, 6 mos. whatever?  :dunno:  That way it could automatically weed out the stuff that is either gone and the seller forgot to delete the thread, or the seller no longer frequents the board. 

I like the idea of the automatic delite, time limit feature. I had an old thred pop up a few months ago and then asked LILBUDDY to delite it. Thanks again Chris.

I personally think it should be on the shoulders of the origonal poster, to change the topic, to "sold" thats what I would have done, if I could have. Everyone should take it upon them selves to take responsibility for their posts. Lilbuddy, and the other mods, shouldnt have to cover every single post, thats just to much to handle. A simple "sold" in the topic would keep these old posts from poping up when unwanted, and also indicate to the mods that the thread is ok to delite, if they see fit.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole