Author Topic: I thought it was required when you join...  (Read 6524 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: I thought it was required when you join...
« on: Mar 14, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »
The way I look at it someone could introduce themselves and still rip someone off.  There's been instances of paying venders on other boards ripping customers off.

A simple introduction does not alleviate ones responsibility as a buyer to ask questions, get phone number, get pictures, inquire about shipping, guarantees, insurance etc to feel more secure in a transaction.

My problem with the classifieds is old ads that are bumped by people who still think an item listed 3 years ago is for sale. The classifieds sections need a major house cleaning along with the stolen vehicle section.

True, but the more someone is on here, the more you get to know them.  It benefits both the buyer and seller.  I would be reluctant to buy from someone I don't even know, whereas with kneedownnate, I'd buy from him in a heart beat, because I've seen him on here enough, and have gotten to know him (as well as you can for never meeting the person :gap: )

Its also kind of a give and take.  If you justh op on to post an ad, and then dissapear, you've brought nothing to the table.  you post in tech, introduce yourself, even post in chitchat, you build friendships, get new wheeing buddies, others get a wheeling buddy, you give and gain information, and a lot more people benefit.  To me its an abuse of the service Marlincrawler provides if you treat his website and his forum as nothing more than a classifieds as.  Mabye its just me though :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent