• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: RIP
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:02:40 PM »
This has little to do with his political ideology, although I grieve less for a liberal than for a conservative. People who are lost in the pages of the Enquirer or who pay more attention to American Idol or Orange County housewives than to their families or countries just freaking kill me. I knew women in Nashville that would fight you if you ever said anything against the memory of Elvis. They would say he was the best man that ever lived, when I asked when they first met him...they never did. Buying into media hype and seeing the world through their eyes...well, you just have no life of your own. I feel for Ledger's family and friends...I'm sure they are hurt by his death, but he ain't nothin' to me. Television and movies are just entertainment, they are not a blue print of how we should live or a substitute for actual living.

The agent killed near Yuma was murdered while doing his job...by a criminal from another country. If that doesnt get us up in arms...nothing will.

and you have to wonder why Hillary is actually still in the running?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: