Author Topic: Bad day at work - dog bite!  (Read 5541 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Bad day at work - dog bite!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2008, 06:36:19 PM »
Pit Bulls get blamed for everything even though I have never personally met a nasty one, but if not for them Rotts would probably be rock bottom in the opinon of the general public.

I think there are just trends. I remember when I was younger there was a big thing about Rots being the big bad human killers and they should be banned and all that BS because they were the most popular big dog at the time. Over time Pitt Bull breeds rose to be very popular and then they became the scapegoat of the dog world. I remember buying all that crap as a child because I was chased by a Rott when I was pretty young as I rode down the street on my bmx bike, and so the media and that experience made me hate them. Only after I got older and met other rotts that were way cool did I realize there was no truth to any of it and I was just being ignorant. Any dog has the potential to be dangerous and one must always be aware of this. the problem is that people get these weird agendas against dog breeds based on a few bad cookies and just run with it. I am sure there are nasty attacks by many other breeds besides rotts or pitts that inflict very serious injuries on people, but do not gain national head lines because they are not pitt bulls. The words "Pitt Bull" draw a crowd just like "Britney Spears" over shadows school shootings and the war in the middle east.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting