Author Topic: The Desert Eagle  (Read 7322 times)

StretchASU

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
    • Charlotte 4x4 (Old Site that hasnt been updated)
Re: The Desert Eagle
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »
Well I managed to mangle a fair amount of stuff back at Harlan...

1 Clutch Slave Cylinder
1 Clutch Master Cylinder
1 Radiator
1 Fan Blade
1 Headlight
1 Tacoma Grille

I replace the slave and master cylinders at the run and have been letting the truck sit while I gather funds to fix everything. Justin @ UNBREAKABLE let me borrow his custom flatbelly xmember for the run as well so Im rebuilding that too.

On order and awaiting delivery:
New Radiator
2500cfm Electric Fan
Sleeved Bushings from Poly Performance for the crossmember.

I stopped at BudBuilt the other day to return some ratchet straps that Bud let me borrow when I was down picking up sticks of tubing, while I was there I grabbed a TCase backing plate for the crossmember as well.

After seeing the truck sitting around for a month, not moving, I tore it down today after some liquid motivation. Having a case of beer, nothing to do, and some rare warm weather up here, now the cases in place ready to mock up the crossmember when the bushings get here. Stole one from the YWA and used a ratchet strap to hold everything up.

Removed the radiator and began removing the fan in preparation for the new radiator and electric fan.

The entire front end of the truck is disassembled. No headlights, grille etc as well as the overflow reservoir and miscellaneous wiring. Since I have no aspirations of putting this back on the road I removed most of the random wiring running to the old headlights, turn signals etc. Its cleaned up the engine bay significantly.

Once the parts are in later this week/early next week, I will begin re assembling everything and putting the truck back together in a cleaner manner than it was before with reliability and an early December Harlan run as the goal.

Trying to find the usb cable to upload the pictures.

Hopefully disassembling the front axle as well next week to pull the third and drop by Bud's again to pick up an Aussie Locker.
1999 4Runner SR5 Sport 4x4 - "Stock"

1980 Toyota LWB Pickup - 33" TSL/Bogger Combo, Welded Rear, Skinny Pedal. Cases and cage on the way.