Author Topic: broken ankle  (Read 2125 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: broken ankle
« on: Oct 26, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
now i'm just waiting on the workmans comp claim number so i can go to the orthopedic doctor and see if i need a cast. i still haven't seen the x-rays yet, but my doctor says that nothing is connected. i guess i will find out more when i get to the orthopedic doctor. who knows when that will be

Hmmmmm that doesn't sound too good. If "nothing is connected" then you have what's called a tri-malleolar fracture, and you have a date with the operating room. I also hope your doc looked to see if there is an associated dislocation, 'cause tri-malleoloar fractures often are dislocated, and need to be reduced quickly, or there is risk of dying bone tissue and possibly permanent nerve damage. I'm going to assume that there isn't, cause I would think they would have gotten you in right away if it was.

There are several other types of fractures that can occur, but the whole "nothing connected" thing is a bit bothersome. I hope they have you in a good rigid splint and up on crutches. Typically they won't operate for about 5 days after the injury, 'cause they want the swelling to go down. I'm not saying your absolutly going to have surgery, but sounds like a possibility.....

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!