Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 2179 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think?
« on: Oct 17, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »
That's a really tough decision!  What does you family think?  Have you discussed your frustration with your supervisors/employers?  Sounds like you need to start to recruit your buddies to coming over!

If I were to really sit down and analyze what I would do, I personally would stickout the job your in now!  Look at all the benefits your getting now, and then if you would change jobs.  How much more in benefits would you be loosing than just the $10,000 in base pay?  More into health care that ins. doesn't cover!  Retirement, where your at now, sounds like you'll be able to retire early and with a really good nest egg to rely on!  Disability, thats a really big one, especially in your line of work.  What will college tuition cost in 17 years from now!  That's one huge pricetag that will be a blessing when the time comes!  I would stay for the benefits.  Sometimes you have to make sacrifices!  Even if that means not being happy at your job, so you could give your family the best you can give them!  I don't love my job, but it's easier on my body than my past jobs, and I'm not called in for OT all the time or working really long days.  I miss working outside in the fresh air. 
I too, don't like my co-workers, young, selfish, arrogant, snot nosed punks, but my job outweighs the fact that I work with idiots!  My mentality at my job is that I do what I gotta do and go home! 

But that is my opinion.  You know that your family at Marlin's Forum would support your decision!   :yesnod:  Good luck on your decision.

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007, 12:56:02 PM by cheesemaker »
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen