Poll

what should the build be

85 pickup (2wd i believe)
1 (11.1%)
86 runner
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: truck or runner  (Read 3785 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
Re: truck or runner
« on: Sep 22, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »
Con: truck won't hold as many people, Load not easily removed if weight becomes an issue ('cept one passenger).

Pro: Not as expensive out the gate, less people--truck is lighter while wheeling--lower center of gravity even when loaded (probably only two peoples stuff, Low chance of overloading unless you carry someone elses crap...I.E. excess from a full load in a 4runner... :gap:)

Con:  More expensive to start out, More people capacity for wheeling, a little more tippy when wheeling (people weight adds up fast) It helps a little with the top removed,  If people capacity is full--not enough room for everybody's stuff.

Pro: If weight becomes an issue while wheeling--load is more easily changed (everybody out!). We just had this situation last week... :_oops:

Similarities:  Cost to upgrade or modify about the same,  similar fuel mileage depending on engine and config (I.E.- carbed or F.I.) Capabilities when wheeling very comparable between the two.

I'm sure there is much more but just food for thought since you'll be the one to decide how your rig will be used over all!  :biggthumpup:

thanks, i didnt think about some of that stuff

I say 4runner. I like having the ability to carry 3 additional people if i want (offroad or onroad), i love the removeable top, and if you need extra storage space you can just put down the back seats and voila, you have a covered pickup. the 2wd will take a lot more work to get going.

ture, but with truck there is no issue to storage space, and i could get a camper shell if i wanted which i prob would do anyways to stay dry and sleep in if i went with the truck