Author Topic: I love craigslist sometimes!  (Read 8255 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: I love craigslist sometimes!
« on: Jun 23, 2007, 06:56:02 AM »
I bought a bmx bike waaaay back in 91 or so.  It was a brand I'd never heard of and only cost $35, but I didn't care about the brand since it was a very unique frame.  I rode the crap out of it for several years and even had it stolen once, though I was lucky enough to get it back missing half it's parts.

Fast forward to now.  I haven't ridden it for a few years now and finally decided to try selling it first on craigslist then ebay.  I've had lots of interest and several offers for about $100 or less.  A week or so ago a guy dug up my ad and made me an offer.  $500 :yikes:  I said sure but asked him to thoroughly check out all the pics and be totally sure he wanted it before we went further.  He again checked the pics and offered $400.  I said yes but he'd have to pay shipping and he agreed! 

I'm still pretty happy with the final price even though he came down.  There's a slight crack in the seat tube that's been there as long as I've had it, just never noticed it cause it never sat long enough to gather rust and be so obvious, just always looked like a scratch.

He says he'll paypal me the money monday......we'll see what happens, but if he pulls through I'll be fairly stoked!

Where is the buyer? Every time my daughter puts something on CL she emails me with these offers from Europe and Africa...like you can't find a digital camera in Scotland. Beware the scammers.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)