Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 7293 times)

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Re: 4th of July
« on: Jul 06, 2004, 01:33:18 PM »
Well had a little carnage on the trail  :yupyup: broke a rear axle back in Buck Island 1:00 am saturday morning , part of it is still stuck in my ARB. The Axle backed off the preloader for the carrier bearings so I had about a 1/2 inch of backlash . Needless to say we camped there for the night. Got up the next morning and had to bum a ride in to the box cause the rest of the party never showed up. So I asked if he was going into the box and he said if you could get his spring plate bolt welded back on his Dana 60. Well I said I can weld but I don't have a welder, He said well I have a stick welder but dont' know how to use it. So I welded it up and he had a friend of his take me into the Box. Thanks John.  So I get into the box and don't see anyone who said they were coming in. THen I notice a guy that looks familar , and he just happens to be a friend of a friend who I have only met just a couple of times. Needless to say he is a friend of mine now. I told him the situation and he said that him and his buddy would make room. So we load up in his Jeep which was packed and really had no room for 3 people but they made room, and head on out of the trail. I asked him if he had seen the others and he said ya , they showed up at the box for about 10 minutes and left. One of them told us he was going to run the box what a bunch of  :blah: So my new friend says he will take me down to Robs resort so I can use the phone to get a ride down the hill to get a spare rear axle and 3rd member. I told him that I would buy him dinner for the favor.

Well on the way we catch up with the rest of the group that left 5 minutes after showing up at the Box. One of them was a friend who I had let use my carb for the trip and helped put his dual case in so he could make the trip. I told him the situation and asked him what it was gonna take to get him to take me back in with my parts in the morning. He said don't worry about it we will figure something out. So I get to Robs resort (Thanks Gabe and Justin) and find out that the nearest land line is 9 miles down the road still. So my new friend Gabe says " You know what, it's about 8:30 pm and we are just gonna go back to set up camp just to leave in the morning. I will just take you right on down the hill to your house and head home from there." Which is not totally on the way to his hose. So halfway down the hill I get a hold of a friend who is willing to come pic me up at the halfway point so Gabe don't have to take me all the way home.

So I get home at about 11:45 saturday night and meet my brother and a friend there who have already started to disasemble my brothes Runner for a geard and locked 3rd and spare axle. We crash about 2 in the mornin and my friend who met me half way and I head back up the hill at about 6:50 sunday mornig. We get to Look Lake about 8:30 am were everone else camped for the night. So I head over to my friends camp that said we will get you in there and see that they have started to pack up camp and it looks as if he is getting ready to load up his truck on the trailer with my Carb on it. I ask him are you gonna take me in to Buck Island and He said NO Man I had a hard enough time gettin out yesterday ( hes gota a 83 , dual cases, 5.29's & detriots front a and rear, with allpro suspension). So I didn't say a word and just walked away. So needdlees to say I'm gonna pick up my carb and the friendship is over. So my friend and I end up bumming a ride in there with gentlemen named Matt and his Choclate lab. who belongs to The FOTR org. Anways had to vent a little and will post pics of the broke parts soon.

RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED