Author Topic: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)  (Read 954625 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)
« Reply #2070 on: May 05, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »
went to the doc  thursday   it  was almost unbearable,  she  said  i had "herniated  the  incision"  and a  "hemotoma"  had  developed

now i dont know what that all means  but  it hurt like hell,  she  gave me  more antibiuotics  that im taking  religiously,  well came home  and about  11 last night   i   had  to go    as i sat down it ruptured  and spilled  about a cup of blood  and  puss  looking stuff  onto  and into the toilet       

i  cleaned it  as  good as i could  with the  knowledge  of that sort of stuff i have  and went to bed,   after  getting in bed  i started feeling   but  never got sick  but  i fealt  flushed  and weak

What she means is that the incision has opened from the inside (herniated the incision), and now there is a collection of blood under the skin (hematoma). Basically, this means that the scar tissue was not strong enough yet, and separated (probably when you strained to lift the rollbar). What happened when you got home was a spontaneous drainage due to pressure build up (You popped a gasket). Since you saw what looked like puss, suggests there is an infection still brewing in there, so putting you back on antibiotics was a good call. Having an infection in the tissue can delay healing and developing tensile strength of the tissue. If your still feeling  :sick:, or if you're weak/tired, you may want to get into the ER, just so they can make sure you're not still bleeding or septic.

Being this far out from your surgery date, they will not close it back up, but will allow it to heal from the inside. (called secondary intention closure), which can be a long and tedious process. It is very important that you keep it clean, and change the dressing frequently.

Hope all goes well, let me know if you need anything.

Erik  :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!