Author Topic: Lift kits  (Read 6251 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Lift kits
« on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »
:werd:

if you plan on doing an SAS, i'd forget the IFS lift, and go for the SAS now. No point in spending the $$ twice.  To get a good lift kit for IFS, you're prolly looking at $6-800.  Then, if you wheel hard, you'll tear up the IFS in a few years, and need to do the SAS anyway.  My truck already tracks sideways down the road, and the IFS is starting to get beat. 

If you're not going to wheel much, there are some OK lifts out there for the IFS, but you kinda get what you pay for.  :dunno: 

Stay away from blocks in the rear, even if it means buying some junkyard springs and moving perches to make them fit.  :thumbs:
yes no blocks like BD said. I would drive the truck with IFS for a DD and mild wheeler. I think u can do a lift for a little less than BD said, I spent like 150? on new HD torsions from downey (you could use ball joint spacers if u wanted), maybe 200 for new springs , 100 for some used pro comp shocks and some lo-profile bumpstops and shackles....so that comes to under 500 dollars. You could even just crank the stock torsions which would bring the cost down more BTW, i am in the process of a SAS right now but was never ever let down with this set up. i was extremely happy for what it is and drove for a daily driver for three years like this. I would also HIGHLY recommend an idler arm brace and a lower A-arm truss and an add a leaf for a runner for sure. U will never get much flex out of IFS but it can still be alot fun and great for daily driving  :driving: good luck

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2007, 05:48:03 AM by DirToyBoy »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco