Author Topic: Lift kits  (Read 6252 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Lift kits
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
To get some accurate replys you need to provide a little more info. What kind of wheeling (if any) will you be doing with the truck? Do you ever plan to SAS it? What kind of budget are we talking about? What kind of fab skills you got? In order to be helpful we'll need answers to most of these questions. And a belated  :welcome: to marlin  :beerchug:

:werd:

if you plan on doing an SAS, i'd forget the IFS lift, and go for the SAS now. No point in spending the $$ twice.  To get a good lift kit for IFS, you're prolly looking at $6-800.  Then, if you wheel hard, you'll tear up the IFS in a few years, and need to do the SAS anyway.  My truck already tracks sideways down the road, and the IFS is starting to get beat. 

If you're not going to wheel much, there are some OK lifts out there for the IFS, but you kinda get what you pay for.  :dunno: 

Stay away from blocks in the rear, even if it means buying some junkyard springs and moving perches to make them fit.  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent