Author Topic: wasted legislation  (Read 3289 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: wasted legislation
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
If I recall correctly there are no civil unions in Washington...part of the reason for all the fuss.  Your admitting flat out that you impose a double standard for gays.  If the argument for the defence of marriage is that marriage exists between a man and a woman for the purpose of procreation, then you cannot allow anyone who is not in the process of, or unable to have children to marry.  OR you have to allow EVERYONE the opportunity to marry and enjoy the legal benefits that come with marriage.
you missread my post cteng. i stated that i personally believe that gay marriage is wrong, but it is their civil right to be united. if the governments in each state decide that gay marriage is ok, but they want to call it a civil union, i dont see a problem with that. same benefits, same everything except for instead of having "marriage" written down on the paperwork they have "civil union" written. also, i'm not stating that marriage's sole purpose is for procreation between a man and a woman, i never stated that. if there is a couple that is married but dont want kids, i see no problem with that.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech