Author Topic: there's always a reason  (Read 5527 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: there's always a reason
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2006, 09:09:14 AM »
well we have  one of our own  that  has the Christmas spirit  alive in her

Justina, aka fordfreakchik,   we love you  :smooch:

(CBS13) SACRAMENTO It was looking like a bleak Christmas for a Sacramento family after an overnight fire chased them from their home and left the place in shambles. But in the spirit of the season, help is on the way. One family is stepping forward to help.

The fire caused roughly $300,000 dollars worth of damage and forced a family to move in with relatives for the time being, though it's not just relatives helping these people out, but a total stranger too.

Justina Woodman started the holiday season with a goal, to help a family in need. And last night, she found those people while watching television.

“I saw it on the news last night and I was thinking, it's so close to Christmas, that's terrible,” she says.

Woodman's talking about the house fire at 1906 Oak Bluff in South Natomas, home to Billy Sandhu, his wife and 2 kids. The fire destroyed nearly every room, and the Sandhu’s lost furniture, books, and photo albums.

“Everything, we lost everything,” says Sandhu.

And though woodman knows she can't replace the pictures, she does want to help in other ways. Her family owns a thrift store in the bay area and is ready to donate furniture, clothes, whatever.

“Just going through this the week before Christmas, it almost brought a tear to my eye, really,” says Woodman.

Woodman and Sandhu have not yet met, though Sandhu couldn't be more grateful.

“Surprised, surprised, that someone I don't know would help me, that's nice,” says Sandhu.

All Woodman asks in exchange is that Sandhu one day help another family in need, a request he promises to follow through with.

“I'd really like to thank her, like to meet her if I can, like to meet her in person,” says Sandhu.

Investigators say an unattended fire in the fireplace may be what started the blaze.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way