Author Topic: Any Musicians  (Read 5534 times)

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
Re: Any Musicians
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2006, 11:40:30 PM »
Oh, you have me going here Sir Stang!

I don't know about you, but what is it with the fascination of youth with these drug-promoting, immoral clubs with this crazy, "a little less than impressive" music? You may or may not have these in your town, but Birmingham, Alabama is overwhelmed with trashy venues like this.

That is to say, if you are a hard-working, decent gentlemen in my neck of the woods and want to take your wife out to a classic meal while listening to a great, quiet little jazz group playing...you surely wouldn't take her to a "club" in Birmingham, Alabama.

Furthermore, we know that the term "club" has certainly been demoralized and degraded over the years as well regarding public places in town.

Restaurants do not offer this either and I think it is just a shame that 1) no musicians have a place to work and 2) people cannot expect a nice place/environment for an evening for two.

The only high-class place I know of in my town to go to with a significant other is the country club I attend.

There are rules, and if you don't abide, you get kicked out.

This is not hard to understand, but "those" who know they are not up to par, simply stay out and I guess this is the way it should be. I must also add that this is an original, quiet, and decent place that offers a live stage band that is completely soothing to listen to at the end of the day, instead of just popping in a tape.

I mean, seriously, how much emotion can a tape have!

The only reason I mention the above, is to show that we see a general decay in many aspects of life and society, but particularly with music.

What can I say, people just aren't playing anymore and why would they want to play for nothing being a professional.

Might as well hang it up as a professional trumpet player unless you want to be a studio player in L.A. or New York....

Of course, one might be okay as a trumpet professor at the university level, but I will certainly not deal with mediocrity at any level, so this is why I don't teach.

It is a sad time for music and its performers....

With that said, I think most of the arts are having a hard time right now, but we don't want to get too far off-topic....

mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com