Author Topic: Any Musicians  (Read 5537 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: Any Musicians
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2006, 05:59:08 AM »
HAHA, it's all good.. i didn't think you were venting to me, lol. Trust me, i know what your talking about. I tell you what, when i started playing in the 6th grade, i knew i had a natural ability to play (not trying to sound to cocky), and so did my teachers..... and i emphasise the "s" in teachers. My biggest downfall during my years of playing was simply my teachers. I didn't get the simple push to make me better.... now yes, i know i could have driven myself to better and higher heights, but i was to involved in football and wrestling to actually worry about music.

The only years that i had a good... no, great teacher, was my sophomore - senior year. His name is Mr. Shuling. I loved this dude. I had never had anyone push me so hard to be so good. Now seeing as i didn't have a teacher who wanted to push me to be better, i litterally didn't know the notes in front of me.  Sure i could play the little black things on the line, but i couldn't tell you what the lines where, what the letters for the notes where, i couldn't even tell you how to sing the cord in front of me... but yes, i could play damn well. Mr Shuling pushed me from the moment he came into my high school, and this was the greatest thing that could have happened to me... it pushed me to be the person i am today...(HA, which i love so much, lol).... All in all, he is one of my biggest hero's in life... truly... i love music....

And to go back to the whole thing on no natural music going on these day... HOLY CRAP, i though i was the only one these days who thought that!!! It's been in my head what music is about, and these days just aren't cutting it. My FAVORITE ( i like caps lock) types of music are Jazz, Symphonic, Classical, Ska, and Country.... for me i just cannot get into the whole music about people killing people, lets do drugs, and lets b@ng some h@e's... i think it's absolutely retarded...and yes, it is true... i do sit down and listen to rap and techno once in a while, but that is only cause i find it intriguing to figure out how that type or how that song was put together, i love to break it down to each rhythm and beat.... i know, I'm just weird....

Again, I'm not trying to come off as cocky or like i am mad at someone, this is just me. I love music and everything there is about music... i just hope it keeps going , and in the right direction.....

military_stang
:respect: