Author Topic: Any Musicians  (Read 5539 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: Any Musicians
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2006, 04:21:44 AM »
Interesting. I am indeed a trumpet player, as is my brother and my father.

I have a Bach Stradivarious Model 43 with the rounded-crook and reversed lead-pipe.
It plays much smoother and opened it upconsiderably with these modifications.
I also have Bach Stradivarious Model 25, which cannot be purchased anymore.

I have a laundry list of trumpets for different applications.

I really love my horns.

I have:
Selmer Piccolo trumpet with many shanks.
Flugel horn, but only use it once in a blue moon.
Getzen B-flat Eterna II (early Doc Severinsen Model from the "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson")
Benge B-Flat with .468 bore (This is clearly a loud trumpet made for rodeos and situations where projection and cutting, solid sound is a must) It also takes a large amount of air to play.
Bach D-Trumpet
Getzen C-Trumpet (gotta love those nickel valve linings, smooth as glass) extremely smooth, but extremely precise.
No cornets.

Good Grief im jelous now... wow, you do like to play... i miss it a lot and right now i don't play. I'm not sure with model number i have for the Strat., but i know it's one of the two of those. If you can believe me, Doc Severinsen is my cousin.... i might not have meet him in person yet, but it is cool having a famous person in the family. I hope to meet up with you some day a kick a few notes... by the way, where are you located at????

I started playing my Strat in high school when i was a freshman.... little to say i had a bright future in the music industry, except for the problem of me being to wrapped up in everything else, lol. By the time i was a junior in HS, i had a full ride to a music school, can't remember the name of hand right now, but i'm sure if i dug in my music folder i could tell ya..... it wasn't a huge school, but one dedicated to performing arts... man i was dumb for joining the military... haha... but thats me...

military_stang
:respect: