Author Topic: IFS Long Travel Suspension  (Read 30659 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: IFS Long Travel Suspension
« on: Jul 26, 2006, 02:23:26 PM »
Downy has a lot of awesome stuff for vehicle years 86 to 95. They do not have to much as far as Tacoma Suspensions. How are those lockrites off road I heard that in tight corners you have to take your truck out of 4wd or unlock your manual hubs to make a tight turn. Is this true? I will have to check out those Aussie lockers

I didn't know downey didn't have much for tacos, sorry. :hammerhead: 

I love my lockrite, haven't had any problems with it.  I have yet to hit a real tight turn where I've had to pull it out of 4 to complete the turn.  I guess it is possible, you definitely lose your turning radius, but In tight turn situations, I usually back up and turn it a little more, just so I can get through wherever I'm going straighter :dunno:

I say aussie because they're about the same price as lockrite, and the people that have run both claim aussie is a better locker, and they're customer service can't be beat (just as lilbuddy)
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent