Author Topic: hate these topics: thinking of selling my 4runner, need ideas of value  (Read 2527 times)

Sundowner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -11
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The 1st thing you have to do is take all the value of your blood, sweat and tears in building your baby and throw it in the trash. Nobody cares about how much of you went into the building of your rig. If you can do this, you may now proceed forward and calculate the true value of your rig. Get out your calculator and total all the parts you've added that the truck didn't come with like lockers, full roll cage, winch bumper etc, etc. Now total up parts you added that you replaced that the rig did already have like seats, center console, carpet, etc, etc.

Take the total of parts you added and subtract 30% of that total, next take the total of parts you replaced and subtract 50% (40% if you replaced cloth for leather). Now add these totals together with the current market value of your rig at the blue book price and see if you like that price and don't bring your bst back into your mind. I did this when I traded my truck for my Sammi, the Sammi won hands down so I did the deal. I also do this when I've sold stuff in the past works pretty good. Sure you paid good $ for all those parts you added but someone interested in it sees used parts no matter how long they've been there except for drivetrain rebuilds.

that's one serious formulation you've got going there.
how'd you do on your actuarial exams? ;)