Author Topic: Bentley manual any good?  (Read 1454 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Bentley manual any good?
« on: Jun 28, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »
Expensive is Reading the chilton manual, (believing it :headshake: ), And then have to pay Toyata twice for the same labor because the order in which the chilton manual says to do the work is wrong..  :tantrum:  The ex heard me screaming and cursing from inside the house and came out to find me smashing the Chilton against the side of my truck until all of the pages were out, and I had jumped up and down on it's lifeless carcass...       I ordered the FSM the next day and have never looked back.  :yesnod:

I might use one again for the capacity charts.  Maybee
Just my experience.  I vote FSM.    :thumbs:

side note
I just got a vw so now I know what manual to get. 

Dittos on the Chiltons, Haynes is always missing the stuff you don't know how to do...no matter what it is, the FSM is the way to go.
You could modify your truck so heavily that manuals no longer cover anything!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)