Author Topic: Oil Galleys W/Duals  (Read 2944 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Oil Galleys W/Duals
« on: Jun 19, 2006, 04:03:04 PM »
Ok guys, I have a lot to add to this thread that I have learned today after talking to CJ. Here goes:

I was just informed this morning that we have not been including the Marlin Crawler Installer, like I stated above, for about a year now. However, within the last month, we have been trying to include the Marlin Crawler Installer with out-going kits and even completed units. According to Myth, the former Marlin Crawler Installer had some errors that were causing customer complaints, so we had decided to stop sending it out because, at that time, we had the current Install Intructions up on the webpage, and because of a "certain previous office employee" who no longer works here, we were expecting each customer to use our online install guide for all adapters that were shipped out.

The Marlin Crawler Installer is an ancient document, about 12 pages long, and was created by Marlin and edited by myself back around 1997. As far as I know, it is an accurate and exceptional installation guide, but apparently it had recently been giving us problems about a year ago.

Now that this "certain employee" no longer works here, Marlin had made some changes to the Installer, and it is now being included with all out-going Crawler orders. But since we are trying to include these documents, something that our new sales people have never had to do, we need to print out the papers every few days and someone needs to make sure that they are in stock and stapled and ready to go into boxes. So for a couple more weeks, I would expect most orders to go out with the Marlin Crawler Installer, and a few to go out without the Installer.

Then I just spoke to Dave, who made the nice 4.70:1 Install Instructions, and he also would like to make a Dual Case Installer that is just as nice with me. But there are some problems right now, because this week we are leaving early for the 18th Annual Rubithon, and then for the following three weeks, I will be on vacation. So it does not appear, at this moment, that a Proper Online Dual Case Installer will be made until late July when I get back.

Sorry for all of this and whatever trouble it has given you guys and others, but for right now, we will have to rely on the current Dual Case instructions that are online until late next month.

Regards,
BigMike
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2006, 04:20:59 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki