Author Topic: Toyota Chevy Spring Swap Kit. For newb  (Read 7527 times)

Mnmstoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 230
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Mike's 80Toy
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Chevy Spring Swap Kit. For newb
« on: Apr 17, 2006, 10:42:33 AM »
with stock steering. Like me...my torque rod hinders more lift. Removing it will cause other ill effects and danger if a D.D. which will put more stress on your j-arm. You may want to call Marlin and get the facts as for as max lift with stock steering and what size tire will fit.
More lift changes the pionion angle causing vibration, lenghtening your driveshaft and so on. I'm a cheap wheeler. I rather have low C.G. then some big lift. I'm going hi steer(when I can save money) and getting that new. I rather cut fenders and bed then go taller.
here is a pic to clear some bigger tires if I went that route. I moved the rear flares up about 2" too. This pic was with a 2" block in back

This one is with a 1" solid block in back.

Here is a pic with stock steering, junkyard lift, open diffs and bobed bed. I beleave you can wheel with stock steering and low lift. Just be smart about what you do and not go over your head. Knowing the limitations of your rig helps too.

Here is a pic of my bent tierod. And one reason I want to go hi steer.

Aside from some body damage, bent tierod and a few driveshafts. That is all that has failed me. I'm still new(2years now) and like my rig. I am growing along with my rig in wheeling.
I know my post is far from 63" swap. But I thought I would post up some pics and points of veiw. By the way, this is my D.D.
Mike