Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21608 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Muhammad cartoon
« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »
How sad a generation it is having to make apologies for anything that is said! (and I know you meant that tongue in cheek, BD, at least I hope you did cause it was :funny: to me!)

You know, if the middle easterners that are so gungho on their twisted religious beliefs (the militant extremists, not the every day working joe) that say they will be rewarded when all the infidels are dead would understand OUR religion and OUR way of life, they would see that killing us is actually a sin.
Why do WE have to understand their beliefs and be sensitive to THEM, when no one is questioning why they don't see it our way? 
Splain that one, batman :tantrum:

:yupyup: yes ma'am, I did indeed.  I am responsible for my words, and I will apologize when I feel I made a mistake.  I am always avaialbale for correction, but I will never apologize simply on the basis that I may have offeneded someone while I was speaking my mind :nope:

I think the entire upset is ridiculous.  If I had to guess, I'd say the media put out the cartoons just because someone knew it'd piss of the muslims, and get more support for the fact we're not supposed to be over there.  I call :bull crap:  I have several friends who have come back from their tours, and MOST of the Iraqi civilians are glad we are there.  We have improved their way of life, and they are grateful for it.  Sure, they face death at the hands of sucide bombers or firefights every day, but you know what?  That isn't something new.  It was quite common before the war, and will be again.  This time it just happens to be the Soldier that are the targets, not helpless people.  I couldn't care less about a people who doesn't even give a damn about its own.  We've got soldiers over there who have sacrificed all to go out and rescue an Iraqi child that was wounded, where one of the insurgents would have put a bullet in the childs head, just to shut him up!  (THis is not supposition, this is a tale from a soldier that has returned home)  Yeah, I really want to sit back and let them run things!   :slap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent