Author Topic: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?  (Read 17412 times)

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:18:30 PM »
how long did it take u to save the 5k?did anyone come out with new or better stuff for that ride before u had it all saved up and bought the parts?5k to me and my friends takes a long time to be saved up.im not talking for anyone but me.i work damn hard for my money and when there is any left for my toyota,i use it the best way i can,me and my friends build everything we can ourselves to save some $$ and that isnt just my little piece of this rock,alot of people r in the same boat im sure.do u guys weld alot of 3rd members?run used gears u bought from someone online?try to make ur own steering for these rides u build?im not being mean its just that the things u all do on ur show r not what MOST people can do all at once,bottom line

I guess you just don't get it, do we weld up the third members no but in an upcoming episode you will see it happen to a 14 bolt.  Do we run used gears no, but how is that any different that installing new gears?  Really it is the same process and if you learn how to install a set of gears in a 1/2 hour show who cares if they are new or used.

I agree with what everyone else has to say......would you feel better if one weekend you tuned into the powerblock and heard us say "sorry guys the water heater in my house this week broke, so I got no money for a build this week, stay tuned though and I will give you a great step by step on how to sweep up and organize your toolbox on weekends when you have no cash"  I just don't think peopel would watch.

Think of it this way, you aren't looking into a regular guys garage, you are looking into a sort of 4wd shop that builds trucks for customers......we build them over time and put on the parts.  Then test the trucks for them..... that might seem a little more "real for you"