Author Topic: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?  (Read 17715 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?
« on: Jan 24, 2006, 09:15:47 PM »
Wow, a bit harsh but thats fine. Was that truck great yes it was, considering I pre-ran the course we took it on with Robby Gordon's old trophy truck (now the pro comp corr truck) and it did work great!!

Was the back end a bouncing, sure it was, but what would you expect from a bolt on suspension system out of a box, would a full on custom link setup with coil overs and bypasses have worked better of course it would.

The '91 is actually part of a two truck build show where we are going to put together two matching toyotas, one with a solid axle swap and exo cage, built for trail rides and crawling, and the other with Total Chaos long travel set up and fiberglass bedsides, as well as front end. I think right now they will both keep there Toyota engines unless the V6 is too far gone, then it might get a Vortec, we have one laying around.....

:rofl2:  Kudos for joining to defend yourself, I had somewhat of a preminition about that after posting.  If I come off as brash it's only because I'm fairly straight with my views, and not to be mean.  I just hate when hosts hafta be tools, and hoped you both weren't feeling pressured with a still fairly new show.  I still say that the truck did look like it was wallowing and pogoing, but to be fair I wasn't in the truck either so...I would go so far as to say the truck did appear to work well, and obviously better than stock but to say it was great.  As skinny mentioned, that is one great thing about Stacy is if he builds something and it doesn't seem to work well he says it, but I don't totally agree with everything he does either.  Congrats on getting probably one of the most bitchin jobs around too, that had to feel good!

I look forward to seeing the toy builds and like the idea of the total chaos suspension too.  That's the kinda stuff I tune in for, something a little different than every pretty boy has his parents buy for the truck they gave him.  I (and probably a lot of people) like being surprised when I tune in and the builds don't go the way I expect, so I think it will be interesting to see what you guys do with the toys.  It might be kinda cool to see somebody put some effort into trying to get some good outa that 3.0 rather then just upgrading, but then again it's marketing for the masses so that's not to be expected.

As for being a web wheeler, there's nothing better to do when you don't have the funds or the skills for the builds you wanna do.  Then again, I've said for a long time that I'm not a wheeler, I just want a more capable truck for when I'm hunting or fishing and get in a little too deep, or get bored and wanna hit a trail.  I'm no fabricator or mechanic...well, a lowly boat mechanic but that doesn't count, but I am confident in my ability to pick....ok, I evidently can't fabricate this sentence!  For the life of me it won't go from my brain to my fingers. 

I'm glad you joined the board, but sorry this is what compelled you to join.  I'm sure you will have things to share with others, tech and fab tips, so don't let my diarrea of the mouth turn you away.  Look at it this way, now you have somebody to hate right off the bat!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!