Author Topic: Gun recommendations  (Read 10226 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Gun recommendations
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:21:46 PM »
My first question would have to be  how many handguns have you fired up to this point ?
if none 22 cal revolvers are fairly cheap and easy to handle. then ask friend and those around you that own handguns to let you fire what they have . some gun ranges even have rentals tryout several to find one you feel comfortable with.

if several think back to what felt good or natural even better because if you have to fight to handle a hand gun it isn't the right one for you
bottom line if possible don't buy a gun without firing it first trust me  fire before ya buy ER

my first handgun was A S&W model 24 44Spl with a 2" barrel . it took me months to get any accuracy at all with that gun because it kicked big time and has a hair trigger. it was the backup gun for a highway patrolman who carried it in the 8" barrel version as his side arm and just loved the gun so he put the 2" barrel on it when they made him go to an auto  needless to say it was a bad first handgun but it's a get gun now after  15 or 16 years of shooting it

just my  :twocents:

I've fired several different caliburs, don't really remember the specific guns.

.22, .357, .38, .44

I;m thinkin a trip o the shooting range is in order, place in my folks hometown has gun rentals of all sizes, guess I'll have to go back there.  Oh darn :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent