Author Topic: WHY ARE JEEPS BETTER THAN TOYOTAS  (Read 22274 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: WHY ARE JEEPS BETTER THAN TOYOTAS
« Reply #30 on: Nov 11, 2005, 03:40:52 PM »
Pesonally, I drive a Toyota, because I've owned several different 4x4's, and in my experience, they offer the optimum value for the $$. Just my experience, which matters to me, but not to anyone else.

[Rant: on]
I respect any 4-wheeler who will take the time to learn about his/her rig, build it according to their planned use for it, and then go wheel the crap (responsibly) out of it.

What I can't stand is the mindless "X" is better than "Y". Really, it doesn't make a bit of difference what the hell your driving, as long as you know how to wheel, and know the limits of your vehicle. I get ticked off when people will judge you based on the vehicle your driving. Who the hell cares? What difference does it make...None!

I get pissed off at the [insert brand here] owners, who will look down their nose at anyone who doesn't drive a [insert brand here]. Jeeps are not the best, neither are Toyota, Chevy, Ford or Izuzu. I could take two identical rigs, build them totally differntly, and one would handle rocks, but couldn't do mud and vice-a-verse. The "best" is how you build your rig, according to what you will be doing with it. It's all about getting out there, and having a good time.

Sure it's fun to poke at "the other guy", and if it's done in good humor, I'm all for it (I've even been known to let out a jeep joke or two). Lets just not take it so serious that people start banging their fists and stomping around. It's not that damned important.
[Rant: off]

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!