Author Topic: Computer vs. Hot Chocolate (replacement advise)  (Read 3824 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Computer vs. Hot Chocolate (replacement advise)
« on: Oct 17, 2005, 03:59:26 PM »
Look into an HP, Check out http://www.hpshoping.com you can customize one the way you want.

Also look into using a remote keyboard, I hate using a laptop keyboard. :thumbs:

The chocolate computer is an HP notebook and I have not been that impressed with its performance.  It is only a couple of years old and my wife had it built custom.  I am not knocking HP all computers; however, I am ready to try something else.

We considered using the remote keyboard, but since we usually use it while sitting on the couch it would be a pain in the butt.  Also, it has frozen a couple of times since the spill so I think it may have a more serious problem.  Prior to the spill it would freeze frame and lock up, but after the spill the screen has gone crazy twice.

An electrical engineer buddy of mine said that AMD (what her old computer has) tends to over clock their processors from the factory to increase speed while keeping cost down and this can increase hardware lockups, so that might explain why her computer liked to lock up frequently.  I have also heard the theory that when companies are building "budget" computers with low cost hardware they ususally have an AMD processor due to lower cost which can make it seem like the AMD computer are not as good when it is a combination of factors.

I am no expert, I just know what I have been happy with in the past.

p.s. the Sony has been ordered.  another great place to shop is the dell outlet online.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved