Author Topic: posts? w.t.f.?  (Read 12501 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: posts? w.t.f.?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:05:26 PM »
My bad KYOTA it wasn't you that was talking about the comments it was WT and he just said it was a waste of time to check on a post if all that was written was "good job" or something short like that.  The "post count" is not a problem for me you can have them or cancel them I don't care.  My very first concerns were that a virus had gotten into the forum and was tearing things up.  The post count, birthdays and who knows what else.  Then I started reading that some of the members, 2 or 3 year members, where missing posts and so on.

The biggest part of all of this was that there was no notification of a change.  It was a surpise to everyone or known only to a few.   

Give me a chance to try the search again. ibb   

I saw this coming for a long time, because of the word association thread. Even the picture war threads didn't generate as many posts as it did. You can tell who was the post whores that were only posting in those threads moved here for their post counts since now that they don't count they don't post on them anymore. I am either on the mcbb or the board for my club for the most part, it can get real boring at work and if I didn't participate in even just the word association I'd get altzimers from lack of brain activity. If this was a tech only bb it would be empty except for those seeking information and then like what has happened with me when I open a thread where someone has a question and I've been down that road, I even  as a person with extensive dealings with wrenching on Toyota's (not that they need a lot) can give simple advise to a board member, then when it gets to technical for me I will leave it to the pro's to answer up. I've had lots of fun bantering back and forth with people for the most part here but will throw out a tip if I have dealt with the problem. I would suggest that you deal with the decissions of the board mods and admin, it's their ball your playing with.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you