Author Topic: Scary Stuff  (Read 205894 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Stuff
« Reply #1320 on: Jan 18, 2022, 01:59:58 PM »
The theory for wearing masks is the reduction of micro particle extension. Always told to cover your mouth when you cough, a proven practice in the reduction of transmission of infectious diseases. Cough or sneeze into your shirt, be it under the neckline or into the elbow (less effective, but it does reduce the particulate travel and number). Masking has it's place as a barrier, not 100% but definitely effective in restricting the spread of the mist associated to a cough or sneeze. Take into account that the heavier moisture droplets don't follow gas flow through sharp changes in direction so they'll hit whatever is in the way. BUT, like everything else given people for safety, improper practices reduce the efficiency of anything, seatbelts, child seats, masks. So, masks are not pointless unless they're not used properly. Biggest problem is most people don't know how to use them.

Social distancing is not that effective, especially in a breeze. In a breeze the moisture droplets produced from a cough can travel tens to hundreds of feet depending on the velocity of the air and the turbulence rolling the droplets through the air. Covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough or wearing masks will reduce those particulates carried by the wind.

I'm finding most of the people around me have no clues in this matter. Education and practice reduce the transmission of infectious contagions.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.