Author Topic: whats an easy way to see if EGr is functioning properly? or is leaking?  (Read 2737 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
If the motor is getting EGR when it is not desired, it can lean the mixture enough to induce a misfire (and rough idle) and effect the HC emissions

My truck does the rough idle thing, I am thinkin about tryin this, seeing how it works.  GOt it from pirate, that thread was really interesting, gave some good suggestions

mxitup

Member #17679
 For those wishing to bypass their 'functional' EGR valve, all you need to do is unhook one end of the vaccum line that actuates the diaphram, place a bee-bee or ball bearing in the vaccum line and then hook the vaccum line back up.

This method works great for those of us in states that have 'visual' emissions inspections. For all intents and purposes the EGR appears as if it is still present and functional.

And if the situation should arise where you need to reinstate the EGR to its former 'glory' all you need to do is trim back the vaccum line to free the ball bearing plug and hook the vaccum line back up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by mxitup : 11-17-2004 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent