Poll

Plan on using this for family camping/daily driver... Should I bob the front of the bed and try to fit it behind the excab, or should I flatbed it?

Bob the front of the bed and throw it on, it'll be awesome!
You could try bobbing the bed, but if that doesn't pan out, go flatbed..
Just flatbed it, you're wasting your time trying to reuse the bed.

Author Topic: Hi! Figuring out this forum stuff..  (Read 3653 times)

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Jan '16
  • Owner of Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
Re: Hi! Figuring out this forum stuff..
« on: Feb 25, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »
As far as the bed, I plan on bobbing it for now. Moving the rear axle will have to wait a few years at least. Once I get another case setup with 4.7s, and a rear 4 link kit ready, I'll start on that... Hopefully I can install the second case, then move the rear axle back accordingly to keep my same driveline length, and use the 4 link to move it back the 10-14 or so inches, and flat bed it then... I'm hoping I'll be able to get the frame down by then to about 25", and raise up the trans/tcases a bit too... But that's years from now haha... I'm beginning to realize just how "long term" this truck build will be and I love it!

For the future, here's where I'll be posting my build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100087.0

Finally figured out the forum a little better, so I put the build in it's proper-ish place :D

Good to know that some people are interested. Finished up drilling and installing the last 10 or so rivet nuts for the trans tunnel tonight, and covered the plates in dynamat and topped them off with permatex rubberized undercoating.  Going to be on the road in a week or so I hope!
Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!