Author Topic: 28th Annual Rubithon 2016  (Read 6827 times)

bad coco

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
28th Annual Rubithon 2016
« on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
Just wanted to put this out so everyone will have the dates for the 2016 event.  This year's Rubithon will be from June 21st - June 26th.  We have all the organized trail runs figured out and currently working on getting the online registration built.

Many will notice that there is not the Mudrak's Double Locker run.  The people that are always on that run will still be able to run with Mudrak and it will be the same as always.  Just select Renegade Run and in the blank, type in Mudrak’s.  That run fills up with the same awesome guys every year, so it's now its own "private" run.   

I'd like to thank Desmond  Caravella for being willing to step in again this year and leading another "Hard Core" run, like Mudrak's, to allow others to test their vehicle against all the difficult lines the Rubicon offers.  Desmond is an extremely capable wheeler and mechanic.  If you like to play….. This is your run!  A new run as been added named the Family Run.  It will be led by Brian Flynn and Jason Winkle and is geared toward families with small children.  It will be taking off from Tahoma and has activities planned along the way in to the Springs including a BBQ lunch at Observation, Geo Cache searches and more. 

Many of the favorite events will be back this year including the Rock Chef competition, the Marauder Bar, the wine tasting to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation, the RC competition, a horseshoe tournament and the main raffle.  Along with these favorites, we will be having stuff for the kiddos.  There will be a raffle for all the kids ages 3-12, so please indicate on the form how many children, sex and age brackets.  It will help us make sure that all the kids get a prize.  Also for the Children, there will be a movie shown.

As soon as the registration is complete I will add the location to this thread and pin it to the top. 

Now get out there and get those rigs ready to go!

Most people post up on IH8MUD for this event so you can also find the thread here:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2016-offical-28th-annual-rubithon-thread.903049/   

You can also find info on Rock Chef IV here:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rock-chef-iv.903326/ 

Here's the link to register:  http://www.rubithon.com/registration/index.shtml

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2016, 09:16:39 PM by bad coco »
Eric Agee KJ6IZI
Retired Chairman for TLCA's Rubithon
Volunteer/Medic for WFTWofCA

toyyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Re: 28th Annual Rubithon 2016
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:08:31 PM »
Thank You Eric, For all you do to promote this event! It is one of my favorite events of the season. I hope to see everyone there. Bob

Toyotadon

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 388
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
I told myself last year there's no reason I can't make 2016 my first Rubithon.  Well, there are a few bucks, and a set of sliders still needed.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »
We are real close to having the online registration ready and hope to have it up by this weekend.  We are rolling it out this year using the platform provided by TLCA.  We would love to have feedback on what you think and how to make it better, so if you have input, email me at chairman@rubithon.com. 

Also, we are looking for some help this year with the raffle.  Joel Moranton will be able to organize things at the event, but with his work on 2 different magazines amongst other things, is having a hard time getting emails out.    I was trying to help with this, but I too can't seem to make it happen in a timely fashion.

We have the contact info, just need help finding someone that can email and follow up with them as we go along.  Last year we had all donations sent to my home and that seemed to work well, so it won’t impact space at your house.  If you can help us, email me or give me a shout at 530-401-0800.  We need to work on this ASAP!

Thanks in advance!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:13:55 PM »
Happy to say the online registration is all set up.  Follow the link to access either the printable mail in version or the online version.  http://www.rubithon.com/registration/index.shtml

If you are a Lead or Committee person, contact me and I will mail you the proper link.  The version on the Rubithon site is not for committee volunteers.

Thanks for your patients and an especially huge thank you to Karie Farr for all the work in putting this together for us.  This year we are the Guinea Pig so that other TLCA events can use the system.

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »
We will be running the same drawing this year.  Each month, we will draw a name from all registered participants.  The winner will get an extra grand prize ticket.  Once entered, you’re in the running every month through the end of May.  So get those registrations in!

Also, we are still in need of someone to help us with the raffle this year.  Don’t be afraid, it really isn’t that bad!  And your registration is covered.
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2016, 09:51:54 PM »
We would like to congratulate Joseph Mylie as the February winner for the extra grand prize ticket.  His name will be put back in the running for the other months as well.  So get those registrations in!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »
Tomorrow is the last day to get your registrations in for the March drawing.  Rubithon is right around the corner!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »
Congrats to Richard Petrullio, our March extra grand prize ticket winner.  Richard, your name will go back in the running for future drawings as well.

Get those registrations in! We look forward to seeing everyone in a short few months!

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

Waterman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jul '02
  • Marlin Toybox for SM-465 #001
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
I told myself last year there's no reason I can't make 2016 my first Rubithon.  Well, there are a few bucks, and a set of sliders still needed.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you aren't up to attempting the whole thing, join my Thursday 10am run from Tahoma.  You'll still want those sliders, but it is a good run to get your feet wet and you still get to enjoy all the fun in the springs.  We usually have a bunch of newbies and my trail crew is awesome at getting them into the springs in one piece. 

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »
Congrats to Gary Kardum of Mudrak Custom Crusiers, our April winner for the extra grand prize ticket.  Only 27 more days to get your registrations in without paying a late registration fee!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »
Only 13 more days to get your registration in before the $25 late fee kicks in. 

Also, registrations must be received by May 31st to have your shirts ready for you at the event.  After that, they will have to mailed to you after the event.

http://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

Get those registrations in and rigs ready!
Eric
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:07:07 AM by bad coco »
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
Only 6 more days to get your registrations in.  They must be received by May 31st to have your shirts at the event and avoid the $25 late fee!

http://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/ 
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
Don't forget, tomorrow is the last day to get your registrations in without paying a late fee.  Also any received after tomorrow at midnight will have their shirts mailed to them after the event.

You can still sign up for Rubithon right up to at the event, you will just have to pay the late fee and your shirts will be mailed.  Also, no promises for food availability.

Here's the link:http://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/ 

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2016, 01:30:30 PM »
Congrats to Dale Knorr, the May winner of an extra grand prize ticket.

At this point, the late registration fee of $25 is in effect and any shirts ordered will be mailed to you after the event.

You can still sign up online until June 20th, and after that, just see me in the Springs as I'll already be up there.

If you want to have food, I must have your registration by June 9th, after that, plan on bringing your own, but your still more than welcome to come enjoy the Rubicon Springs with us!

Thanks again Dale, and look forward to seeing you again on the trail!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
Well Rubithon officially starts Tuesday, and everything is shaping up very nicely.  Thanks in no small part to my family and friends!

You can still sign up and register at the event, but please do not submit online or send any payments at this point.  All payments should be made in the Springs via cash or check only.

As usual, we will not be able to accept credit cards in the Springs.  This is for your protection and mine!

You can print out the registration from the our web page www.rubithon.com or you can just fill out there.  There is still food available at this point, but all shirts will be mailed after the event.  We can also get you signed up for TLCA or CalStar even at the event.

I can still be reached until Monday night.  Best to call me at 530-401-0800 as I'll be working packing my rig up and a lot of small odds and ends.  After Monday night, save it for the Springs or if your local, you can hit me on the 805 Repeater.

The wine tasting event still has room, and we have special bottle that will be up for live auction and availble to all, not just the wine attendees.

Safe travels and remember to have fun!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI