Author Topic: Steering knuckle arm  (Read 1126 times)

immi.jfreeman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Steering knuckle arm
« on: Aug 21, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
I am new to this forum stuff so please excuse my ignorance. I just bought a 82 SR5. It has one shock missing on the front driver's side. The steering knuckle arm is passing through the area the shock needs to be in. Through a fair amount of study of pictures and manuals I have come to the conclusion that my knuckle arm is too short. The truck has 3-4" after market springs on it. This caused the problem. I need a knuckle arm to correct the angle from the steering box and knuckle. Is there such an animal. I can extend it but if there is a proven bolt on application I would be interested in finding it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

immi.jfreeman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Steering knuckle arm
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2015, 07:13:55 PM »
Thanks for the link. I think that is what the truck needed. It appears the J arm is bent though and is still in the way. I don't know if the previous owner did it to help with the fit up or it happened by accident. So I bit the bullet and ordered a high steer kit. Now I need power steering from an ifs truck.

immi.jfreeman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Took my yota to Gulches Off Road Park in Laurens SC today. I still have a lot to do be able to hang with the big dogs but I'm hooked. Had a blast! 

jangelfire

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jan '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »

Took my yota to Gulches Off Road Park in Laurens SC today. I still have a lot to do be able to hang with the big dogs but I'm hooked. Had a blast! 

And the addiction begins!! $$$$$