Author Topic: RANT..........videos.........  (Read 916 times)

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
RANT..........videos.........
« on: Jul 08, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »
Why does everything have to be a VIDEO?

I have limited bandwidth DSL and can read the article and be done before the VIDEO buffers up enough to even start..........
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: RANT..........videos.........
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »
Similarly, that's my issue with any news or informative site any more, though I'm on charter.  You can't click on a news article or research something without having multiple little videos or ads going on the page.  Used to be you could have your browser block popups, but they've found a way around it by having sometimes 4 or 5 videos running on the page you're trying to view.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
Would you hate me if I told you...your tampon string is showing?

Ok...well, I won't say that then. Nate...I believe if you modify your flash settings the side ads will stop, but you have to jump through hoops to watch any videos. Those ads are how "free" sites make money.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/how-to-stop-annoying-internet-videos-from-autoplaying-082514.html

emsvitil...a picture is worth a thousand words?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2015, 07:26:59 PM »
Well...I killed the hell out of this one.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2015, 08:56:43 PM »
Thought I'd disabled them already, but it is worth a look
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!